domingo, 14 de agosto de 2005

Elvis Presley - Letras - Roustabout

Roustabout (Giant / Baum / Kaye) - I'm just a roustabout / Shifted from town to town / No job can hold me down, I'm just a knock-around guy / There's a lot of space beneath that sky / Till I find my place there's no doubt... / I'll be a rovin' roustabout / Call me the carefree kind / I wander with the breeze / My mind and heart's at ease / Doing what pleases me best / Gotta keep-a movin' east or west / Till I find my place there's no doubt / I'll be a rovin' roustabout / And even if a pretty girl, should catch my eye / I'll give her a quick "hello", and a fast goodbye / I'll go the way I want / Driftin' just like the sand / Doin' what job I can / Changing my plans as I choose / Long as I keep happy I can't lose / Till I find my place there's no doubt / I'll be a rovin' roustabout / I'll be a rovin' roustabout...I'll be a rovin' roustabout / I'll be a rovin' roustabout..rovin', rovin' roustabout....

Little Egypt (Leiber / Stoller) - I went and bought myself a ticket / And I sat down in the very first row / They pulled the curtain / But then when they turned the spotlight way down low / Little Egypt came out a-struttin' / Wearin' nothin' but a button and a bow / Singing, ying-ying, ying-ying / Ying-ying, ying-ying / She had a ruby on her tummy / And a diamond big as Texas on her toe / She let her hair down / And she did the hoochie-coochie real slow / When she did her special number on the zebra skin / I thought she'd stop the show / Singing, ying-ying, ying-ying / Ying-ying, ying-ying / She did her triple somersault and when she hit the ground / She winked at the audience and then she turned around / She had a picture of a cowboy tattooed on her spine / Said, Phoenix, Arizona 1949 / Yeah, but let me tell you people / Little Egypt doesn't dance there anymore / She's too busy mopping / And a-takin' care of shopping at the store / 'Cause we've got seven kids / And all day long they crawl around the floor / Singing ying-ying, ying-ying / Ying-ying, ying-ying 

Poison Ivy League (Giant / Baum / Kaye) - Hail to thee old ivy league / Poison ivy league / The ra-ra boys are sitting round the table tonight / The ra-ra boys have lots of plans in view / They're gonna have panty raids / And make their own lemonade / They'll live it up just like the big boys do / Poison ivy league, boys in that ivy league / Give me an itch, those sons of the rich / That poison ivy league / The ra-ra boys will go to bed so early tonight / Before exams they need a lot of rest / They gotta make good for dad / They gotta make good so bad / They'll even pay someone to take that test / Poison ivy league, boys in that ivy league / How can they flunk, they're so full of bunk / That poison ivy league / The ra-ra boys are being groomed for business some day / For better things to college they were sent / And you can bet they'll be the head of the company / As long as dear old daddy's president / Poison ivy league, boys in that ivy league / So loaded with cash, they give me a rash / That poison ivy league / So let it be told / I won't touch them with a ten foot pole / That poison Ivy league

Hard Knocks (Byers) - Some kids born with a silver spoon / I guess that I was born a little too soon / Hard knocks, all I ever knew was hard knocks / And I'm telling you, I said you'd better beware / 'Cause I've had my share /  Some kids born as rich as a king / But I was born without a doggone thing / Hard knocks, all I ever knew was hard knocks / And I'm telling you, I said you'd better beware / 'Cause I've had my share / I walked a million miles I bet / Tired and hungry and cold and wet / I've heard that lonesome whistle blow / From New York City down to Mexico / Some kids born fancy free / Nobody never gave nothing to me but / Hard knocks, all I ever knew was hard knocks / And I'm telling you, I said you'd better beware / 'Cause I've had my share /  I walked a million miles I bet / Tired and hungry and cold and wet / I've heard that lonesome whistle blow / From New York City down to Mexico / Some kids born fancy free / Nobody never gave nothing to me but / Hard knocks, all I ever knew was hard knocks / And I'm telling you, I said you'd better beware / 'Cause I've had my share / I said you'd better beware / 'Cause I've had my share / I said you'd better beware / 'Cause I've had my share of hard knocks 

It's A Wonderful World (Tepper / Bennett) - Young as a circus parade, it's a wonderful world / Pretty as pink lemonade, it's a wonderful world / Life is a carnival, live it for all your worth / You are the star of the greatest show on earth / This big wide world is a clown with his nose painted red / A rainbow colored balloon's dancing high overhead / It's everyone's oyster, step up get your pearl / It's a wonderful, wonderful, wonderful, wonderful world / This big wide world is a clown with his nose painted red / A rainbow colored balloon's dancing high overhead / It's everyone's oyster, step up get your pearl / It's a wonderful, wonderful, wonderful, wonderful world / It's a wonderful, wonderful, wonderful, wonderful world 

Big Love Big Heartache (Fuller / Morris / Hendrix) - Oh yes, I know it's true / The more you fall in love / The more your heart can break in two / Now that you've said goodbye / For every tender kiss / I've had the tears I cry / I gave my heart and soul / All the love I knew / Oh how much it hurts me now / To know that we are through / I'll always feel this way / My arms will be so empty / You'll return some day and say / Your love, yes your big love / Will be here to stay / Till then it's / Your love yes your big love / Will be here to stay

One Track Heart (Giant / Baum / Kaye) - Just like an old grandfather's clock that won't stop running / Like an old racehorse that just wont ever quit / There'll be no end to loving you / Nothing can stop me once I start / 'Cos I'm a one track mind and a one track heart / Well I'm as stubborn as a mule I just won't let up / Like an old bloodhound Ill hang around your trail / There'll be no end to loving you / Don't try to stop me if you're smart / 'Cos I'm a one track mind and a one track heart / Oooo- eeeee there'll be no turning back / Oooo- eeeee I'm gonna stay on your track / Just like a choo-choo train that's gotta keep a-chugging / You'll find that I'm the kind who sticks to what I do / There'll be no end to loving you, baby we'll never be apart / 'Cos I'm a one track mind and a one track heart / Oooo- eeeee there'll be no turning back / Oooo- eeeee I'm gonna stay on your track / Just like a choo-choo train that's gotta keep a-chugging / You'll find that I'm the kind who sticks to what I do / There'll be no end to loving you, baby we'll never be apart / 'Cos I'm a one track mind and a one track heart 

It's Carnival Time (Weisman / Wayne) - Come on kids from eight to eighty / Hey there mister bring your lady / There's a big show on the inside / It's carnival time / Popcorn, peanuts and cotton candy / Pink lemonade that's dan-dan-dandy / Be a big shot for a dollar / It's carnival time / Roustabouts are roustabout'n / And there's happy shouts, children shoutin / If you've got doubts quit your doubtin' / There's thrills, it's spice / It's cheap at half the price / So don't be bashful, buy a ticket / Get the habit never kick it / Hit the band there, don't just stand there / It's carnival time / Roustabouts are roustabout'n / And there's happy shouts, children shoutin / If you've got doubts quit your doubtin' / There's thrills, it's spice / It's cheap at half the price / So don't be bashful, buy a ticket / Get the habit never kick it / Hit the band there, don't just stand there / It's carnival time / It's carnival time 

Carny Town (Wise / Starr) - Aha-ha hurry, hurry step this way / Aha-ha hurry, hurry step this way / Now the show you're going to see is strictly high class / There'll be ten hoola dancers shaking their grass / So step right up and put our money down / This way to Carny Town / We got a man so skinny you can see his bones / We play on his ribs like a xylophone / With a pair of spoons we get a rockin' song / You'll hear it all, in Carny Town / Hurry, hurry, hurry, the house is almost full / We got a two headed cow and that's no bull / There's a man who swallows swords and he never gets hurt / He eats razor blades for dessert / He's just about the sharpest guy around / You'll see him here, in Carny Town / Aha-ha hurry, hurry step this way / Aha-ha hurry, hurry step this way / Aha-ha hurry, hurry step this way / Aha-ha hurry, hurry step this way / Aha-ha I say we're gonna win / I said hurry up 

There's a Brand New Day on the Horizon (J. Byers) - There's a brand new day on the horizon / Everything's gonna be just fine / There's a brand new day on the horizon / And the whole world's gonna be mine / I'm gonna tell old trouble, he'd better be moving on / Happiness is going to take his place around here from now on / The old dark clouds are gonna roll away / The sun is gonna shine / And the whole world's gonna be mine / I'm gonna tell old heartaches, pack his bags and go / I've decided that I don't want him hanging around no more / Don't you know I said everything's gonna be just fine / 'Cause the whole world's gonna be mine / I'm gonna chase away old problems till they're out of sight / And I guarantee you honey they won't be coming back / Well don't you know I said everything's gonna be all right / 'Cause the whole world's gonna be mine / I know my luck's gonna change, just you wait and see / Startin' tomorrow only good things in life are going to come to me / There's a brand new day on the horizon / And the whole world's gonna be mine / And the whole world's gonna be mine

Wheels On My Heels (Tepper / Bennett) - Gotta do some livin', got the wanderlust / Better clear the highway 'cause I'm gonna move some dust / Oh I got wheels, wheels on my heels / And I gotta keep rollin', rolling along / Lots of pretty dollies try to fence me in / But I love 'em and leave 'em 'cause a tumbleweed's my kin / Oh I got wheels, wheels on my heels / And I gotta keep rollin', rolling along / Why do I keep movin', never settlin' down / Can it be I'm looking for a dream I haven't found / Oh I got wheels, wheels on my heels / And I gotta keep rollin', rolling along / Oh I got wheels, wheels on my heels / And I gotta keep rollin', rolling along. 

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário