segunda-feira, 15 de agosto de 2005

Elvis Presley - Letras - Elvis Golden Records Vol 3

It's Now Or Never (Aaron Schroeder - Wally Gold / Di Capua) - It's now or never, / come hold me tight / Kiss me my darling, / be mine tonight / Tomorrow will be too late, / it's now or never / My love won't wait. / When I first saw you / with your smile so tender / My heart was captured, / my soul surrendered / I'd spend a lifetime / waiting for the right time / Now that your near / the time is here at last. / It's now or never, / come hold me tight / Kiss me my darling, / be mine tonight / Tomorrow will be too late, / it's now or never / My love won't wait. / Just like a willow, / we would cry an ocean / If we lost true love / and sweet devotion / Your lips excite me, / let your arms invite me / For who knows when / we'll meet again this way / It's now or never, / come hold me tight / Kiss me my darling, / be mine tonight / Tomorrow will be too late, / it's now or never / My love won't wait. / Data de Gravação: 3 de abril de 1960.

Stuck On You (Aaron Schroeder - J. Leslie McFarland) - You can shake an apple off an apple tree / Shake-a, shake- sugar, / But you'll never shake me / Uh-uh-uh / No-sir-ee, uh, uh / I'm gonna stick like glue, / Stick because I'm Stuck on you / Gonna run my fingers thru your long black hair / Squeeze you tighter than a grizzly bear / Uh-uh-uh, / Yes-sir-ee, uh, uh / I'm gonna stick like glue / Stick, because I'm Stuck on you / Hide in the kitchen, hide in the hall / Ain't gonna do you no good at all / 'Cause once I catch ya and the kissin' starts / A team o' wild horses couldn't tear us apart / Try to take a tiger from his daddy's side / That's how love is gonna keep us tied / Uh-uh-uh / Yes-sir-ee, uh,uh / I'm gonna stick like glue / Stick, because I'm Stuck on you / Hide in the kitchen, hide in the hall / Ain't gonna do you no good at all / 'Cause once I catch ya and the kissin' starts / A team o' wild horses couldn't tear us apart / Try to take a tiger from his daddy's side / That's how love is gonna keep us tied / Uh-uh-uh / Yes-sir-ee, uh,uh / I'm gonna stick like glue / Stick, because I'm Stuck on you / I'm gonna stick like glue / Stick, because I'm Stuck on you / I'm gonna stick like glue / Stick, because I'm Stuck on you / Gravado no dia 21 de março de 1960.

Fame And Fortune (Fred Wise - Ben Weisman) - Fame and fortune / how empty they can be / But when I hold you in my arms / That's heaven to me / Who cares for fame and fortune / They're only passing things / But the touch of your lips on mine / Makes me feel like a king / Your kind of love is a treasure I hold / It's so much greater / than silver or gold / I know that I have nothing / If you should go away / But to know that you love me / Brings fame and fortune my way / But to know that you love me / Brings fame and fortune my way / Gravado no dia 21 de março de 1960.

I Gotta Know (Paul Evans / Matt Williams) - Get up in the mornin' feelin' might weak / A tossin' and a turnin' well, I had ain't no sleep / Oh baby, what road's our love taking? / To romance or heartbreaking' / Won't you say which way you're gonna go / I gotta know, gotta know, gotta know / Nine and nine make fourteen, four and four make nine / The clock is strikin' thirteen I think I lost my mind / You know it's gettin' aggravatin' / How long can I keep waitin' / Tell me if you love me yes or no, / I gotta know, gotta know, gotta know / Oh, how much I need you / Have pity on this heart of mine / Well, if you need and want me too, / I'll be your one and only till the end of time / Saw the fortune teller, had my fortune read / She sent me to the doctor, who sent me straight to bed / He said I'm lonesome and I'm lovesick / I've got my mind on lipstick / Will you kiss away my cares and woe? / I gotta know, gotta know, gotta know.

Surrender (Doc Pomus / Mort Shuman / E. De Curtus) - When we kiss my heart's on fire / Burning with a strange desire / And I know, each time I kiss you / That your heart's on fire too / So, my darling, please surrender / All your love so warm and tender / Let me hold you in my arms, dear / While the moon shines bright above / All the stars will tell the story / Of our love and all its glory / Let us take this night of magic / And make it a night of love / Won't you please surrender to me / Your lips, your arms, your heart, dear / Be mine forever / Be mine tonight / Data de Gravação: 30 de outubro de 1960.

I Feel So Bad (Chuck Willis) - Feel so bad / Like a ball game on a rainy day / Feel so bad / Like a ball game on a rainy day / Yes' I got my rain check / Shake my head and walk away / Oooo-people that's the way I feel / Oooo-people that's the way I feel / Sometimes I think I want / Then again I think I don't / Sometimes I want to stay here / Then again I want to leave here / Then again I want to stay / Yes, I got my train fare / Pack my grip and ride away / Oooo-people that's the way I feel / Oooo-people that's the way I feel / Sometimes I think I want / Then again I think I don't / Data de gravação: 12 de março de 1961.

Are You Lonesome Tonight? (Roy Turk / Lou Handman) - Are you lonesome tonight, / do you miss me tonight? / Are you sorry we drifted apart? / Does your memory stray to a brighter sunny day / When I kissed you and called you sweetheart? / Do the chairs in your parlor seem empty and bare? / Do you gaze at your doorstep and picture me there? / Is your heart filled with pain, shall I come back again? / Tell me dear, are you lonesome tonight? / I wonder if you're lonesome tonight / You know someone said that the world's a stage / And each must play a part. / Fate had me playing in love you as my sweet heart. / Act one was when we met, I loved you at first glance / You read your line so cleverly and never missed a cue / Then came act two, you seemed to change and you acted strange / And why I'll never know. / Honey, you lied when you said you loved me / And I had no cause to doubt you. / But I'd rather go on hearing your lies / Than go on living without you. / Now the stage is bare and I'm standing there / With emptiness all around / And if you won't come back to me / Then make them bring the curtain down. / Is your heart filled with pain, shall I come back again? / Tell me dear, are you lonesome tonight?

(Marie's The Name Of) His Latest Flame (Doc Pomus - Mort Shuman) - A very old friend came by today / 'Cause he was telling everyone in town / About the love that he just found / And Marie's the name of his latest flame / Though I smiled the tears inside were a-burning / I wished him luck and then he said goodbye /  He was gone but still his words kept returning / What else was there for me to do but cry / He talked and talked and I heard him say / That she had the longest blackest hair / The prettiest green eyes anywhere / And Marie's the name of his latest flame / Would you believe that yesterday / This girl was in my arms and swore to me / She'd be mine eternally / And Marie's the name of his latest flame.  

Little Sister (Doc Pomus - Mort Shuman) - Well, I dated your big sister / And took her to a show / I went for some candy / Along came Jim Dandy / And they snuck right out of the door / Ev'ry time I see your sister / Well she's got somebody new / She's mean and she's evil / Like that old Boll Weevil / Guess I'll try my luck with you / Well, I used to pull your pigtails / And pinch your turned-up nose / But you been a growin' / And baby, it's been showin' / From your head down to your toes / Little sister, don't you / Little sister, don't you / Little sister, don't you kiss me once or twice / Then say it's very nice / And then you run / Little sister, don't you / Do what your big sister done.

Good Luck Charm (Schroeder / Gold) - Don't want a four leaf clover / Don't want an old horse shoe / Want your kiss 'cause I just can't miss / With a good luck charm like you / Come on and be my little good luck charm / Uh-huh huh, you sweet delight / I want a good luck charm / a-hanging on my arm / To have, to have, to hold, to hold tonight / Don't want a silver dollar / Rabbit's foot on a string / The happiness in your warm caress / No rabbit's foot can bring / Come on and be my little good luck charm / Uh-huh huh, you sweet delight / I want a good luck charm / a-hanging on my arm / To have, to have, to hold, to hold tonight / If I found a lucky penny / I'd toss it across the bay / Your love is worth all the gold on earth / No wonder that I say / Come on and be my little good luck charm / Uh-huh huh, you sweet delight / I want a good luck charm / a-hanging on my arm / To have, to have, to hold, to hold tonight / Gravado em 15 de outubro de 1961.

Anything That's Part Of You (Don Robertson) - I memorize the note you sent / Go all the places that we went / I seem to search the whole day through / For anything that's part of you / I kept a ribbon from your hair / A breath of perfume lingers there / It helps to cheer me when I'm blue / Anything that's part of you / Oh, how it hurts to miss you so / When I know you don't love me anymore / To go on needing you / Knowing you don't need me / No reason left for me to live / What can I take, what can I give / When I'd give all of someone new / For anything that's part of you / Gravado em 15 de outubro de 1961.

She's Not You (Jerry Leiber - Mike Stoller - Doc Pomus) - Her hair is soft and her eyes are also blue / She's all the things a girl should be, / but she's not you / She knows just how to make me laugh when I feel blue / She's ev'rything a man could want, / but she's not you / And when we're dancing /
It almost feels the same / I've got to stop myself from / Whisp'ring your name / She even kisses me like you used to do / And it's just breaking my heart /  'cause she's not you.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário