quarta-feira, 3 de agosto de 2005

Elvis Presley - Letras - G.I. Blues

Tonight Is So Right For Love (Versão: Wayne - Silver, baseado na Obra de Johannsen Strauss) - Hold me tight / The moon’s so bright / Tonight is so right for love / Now’s the time to say / You’re the only one / Tonight is so right for love / One by one the stars appear / They twinkle in your eyes / Who’d believe that we’d be here / So near to paradise / This could be the kiss / To unlock heaven’s door / That magic hour of bliss / That we both waited for / I love more and more / Oh’ we could fly right up to the sky / The things we’ve been dreaming of / And how real they would seem / A midsummernight’s dream / Can’t you see that tonight’s so right for love / And how real they would seem / A midsummernight’s dream / Can’t you see that tonight’s so right for love / Hold me tight / The moon’s so bright / Tonight is so right for love / (Elvis Presley Music, R&H Music, BMI) 2:10 - Data de gravação: 27 de abril de 1960 - Local: RCA Studios, Hollywood.

Tonight's All Right For Love (Wayne - Silver) - Hold me tight the moon's so bright / Tonight the night is right for love / As warmed by one as stars are bright / I hold you oh so close my dear / Things could be that magic kiss / That night of this we've waited for / Oh we could fly right up to the sky / How real it all seems to me / That summer night dream to me / Can't you see that tonight's all right for love / Oh we could fly right up to the sky / How real it all seems to me / That summer night dream to me / Can't you see that tonight's all right for love / (Elvis Presley Music, R&H Music, BMI) 2:10 - Data de gravação: 27 de abril de 1960 - Local: RCA Studios, Hollywood.

What's She Really Like (Wayne - Silver) - What's she really like / The girl that you see me with / What's she really like / The one I’m so dreamy with / Well, let me tell you she's wonderful / She's marvelous and she's mine / Told here that her lips, her lips are so thrillable / I can't describe her kiss in words of one syllable / She's even more than desirable / And what's moreable she's mine / What's she really like / The girl I go on about / What's she really like / The one I’m so mad about / All I can say, she's wonderful / She's marvelous and she's mine / You're asking if she loves me / Well, you don't know the half / You're wondering if she'll leave me / Ha, ha, ha, don't make me laugh / What's she really like / The girl I go on about / What's she really like / The one I’m so gone about / All I can say, she's wonderful / She's marvelous and she's mine / (Elvis Presley Music, R&H Music, BMI) 2:13 - Data de gravação: 28 de abril de 1960 - Local: RCA Studios, Hollywood.

Frankfort Special (Wayne - Edwards) - Is this train the Frankfort Special / Now ain’t this outfit something special / Well, we heard rumors from the bases / Frankfort girls got pretty faces / Go, Special go. Blow whistle, blow / Frankfort Special’s got a special way to go / Whao - oh - oh / Now when we get to our headquarters / We’ll be good boys and follow orders / Now don’t take girls from one another / No! No! No! No! No! / We’ll treat a sailor like a brother / Go, Special go. Blow whistle, blow / Frankfort Special’s got a special way to go / Whao - oh - oh / Round wheels singin’ on a long flat track / Boiler bustin’ to blow its stack / Towns and villages flyin’ by / Farewell frauleins, don’t you cry / You’ll soon get another G.I. / Come on, train, and get the lead out / Well, one more day we gotta sweat out / Frantic frauleins at the station / They’re ready for a celebration / Go, Special go. Blow whistle, blow / Frankfort Special’s got a special way to go / Go, Special go. Blow whistle, blow / Frankfort Special’s got a special way to go / Whao - oh - oh / Come on, train, and get the lead out / Well, one more day we gotta sweat out / Frantic frauleins at the station / They’re ready for a celebration / Go, Special go. Blow whistle, blow / Frankfort Special’s got a special way to go / Whao - oh - oh / Whao - oh / Whao - oh, whao - oh, whao - oh, whao - oh, whao - oh, / Whao - oh, whao - oh, whao - oh / (Elvis Presley Music, R&H Music, BMI) 2:54 - Data de gravação: 27 de abril de 1960 - Local: RCA Studios, Hollywood.

Wooden Heart (Muss i Denn) (Wise - Weisman - Twomey - Kaemfert) - Can't you see / I love you / Please don't break my heart in two / That's not hard to do / 'Cause I don't have a wooden heart / And if you say goodbye / Then I know that I would cry / Maybe I would die / 'Cause I don't have a wooden heart / There's no strings upon this love of mine / It was always you from the start / Treat me nice / Treat me good / Treat me like you really should / 'Cause I'm not made of wood / And I don't have a wooden heart / Muss i denn, muss i denn / Zum Stadtele hinaus / Stadtele hinaus / Und du, mein schat, bleibst hier? / There's no strings upon this love of mine / It was always you from the start / Sei mir gut / Sei mir gut / Sei mir wie du wirklich sollst / Wie du wirklich sollst / 'Cause I don't have a wooden heart / (Gladys Music, Chappel Music, ASCAP) 1:58 - Data de gravação: 28 de abril de 1960 - Local: RCA Studios, Hollywood.

G.I. Blues (Sid Tepper - Roy Bennett) - They give us a room / with a view of the beautiful Rhine / They give us a room / with a view of the beautiful Rhine / Gimme a muddy old creek / in Texas any old time / I've got those hup, two, three, four / occupation G.I. Blues / From my G.I. hair to the heels of my G.I. shoes / And if I don't go stateside soon / I'm gonna blow my fuse / We get hasenpfeffer / and black pumpernickel for chow / We get hasenpfeffer / and black pumpernickel for chow / I'd blow my next month's pay / for a slice of Texas cow / We'd like to be heroes, / but all we do here is march / We'd like to be heroes, / but all we do here is march / And they don't give the Purple Heart / for a fallen arch / I've got those hup, two, three, four / occupation G.I. Blues / From my G.I. hair to the heels of my G.I. shoes / And if I don't go stateside soon / I'm gonna blow my fuse / The frauleins are pretty as flowers / But we can't make a pass / The frauleins are pretty as flowers / But we can't make a pass / Cause they're all wearin' signs saying: / "Keepen sie off the grass" / I've got those hup, two, three, four / occupation G.I. Blues / From my G.I. hair to the heels of my G.I. shoes / And if I don't go stateside soon / I'm gonna blow my fuse / (Elvis Presley Music, BMI) 2:30 - Data de gravação: 27 de abril de 1960 - Local: RCA Studios, Hollywood.

Pocketful of Rainbows (Wise - Weisman) - I don't worry / Whenever skies are gray above / Got a pocketful of rainbows / Got a heart full of love / Mister Heartache / I've found a way to make him leave / Got a pocketful of rainbows / Got a star up in my sleeve / Kiss me extra tender / Hold me extra tight / 'Cause I'm savin' your sweetness / For a lonely night, aye / Aye, aye, aye, aye, aye, aye, aye, aye / No more teardrops / Now that I've found a love so true / I got a pocketful of rainbows / Got an armful of you / Kiss me extra tender / Hold me extra tight / 'Cause I'm savin' your sweetness / For a lonely night, aye / Aye, aye, aye, aye, aye, aye, aye, aye / No more heartaches / Now that I've found a love so true / Got a pocketful of rainbows / And an armful of you / Rainbows... / Rainbows... / (Gladys Music, Chappel Music, ASCAP) 1:58 - Data de gravação: 06 de maio de 1960 - Local: RCA Studios, Hollywood.

Shoppin' Around (Sid Tepper - Roy Bennett - Aaron Schroeder) - You got the huggin'est arms / The thrillin'est eyes / You're just my style / And you're just the right size / Gonna stop / Uh, shoppin' around / I'm gonna stop / Shoppin' around 'cause I found the girlie I’m lookin' for / Oh, the very first time / You touched my lips / Took my little red book / And tore it to bits / Ain't gonna be / Searchin' no more / I'm gonna stop / Shoppin' around 'cause I found the girlie I’m lookin' for / Ain't no other dolly I’m wantin' to hold / Hey, hey, baby / I really am sold on you / Ooh, ooh, such a pretty little package / I never did see / Gonna wrap you up and take you home with me / I'm thrilled like never before / I'm gonna stop / Shoppin' around 'cause I found the girlie I'm lookin' for / Ain't no other dolly I’m wantin' to hold / Hey, hey, baby / I really am sold on you / Ooh, ooh, such a pretty little package / I never did see / Gonna wrap you up and take you home with me / I'm thrilled like never before / I'm gonna stop / Shoppin' around 'cause I found the girlie I’m lookin' for / I'm gonna stop / Uh shoppin' around / I'm gonna stop / Uh shoppin' around / I'm gonna stop / Shoppin' around / (Elvis Presley Music, BMI) 2:20 - Data de gravação: 06 de maio de 1960 - Local: RCA Studios, Hollywood.

Big Boots (Wayne / Edwards) - They call your daddy Big Boots / And Big Boots is his name / It takes a big man to wear big boots / That's your daddy's claim to fame / They know your daddy Big Boots / Wherever soldiers are / 'Cause he can handle an armored tank / Just like a kiddy can / So sleep little soldier / Don't you cry / Loo loo loo loo / Loo loo loo / General sandman's soon coming by / Loo loo loo loo / Loo loo loo / I'm gonna tell you a little secret / You won't believe it's true / Did you know your / Daddy Big Boots / Once wore little boots like you / (Elvis Presley Music, R&H Music, BMI) 1:28 - Data de gravação: 27 de abril de 1960 - Local: RCA Studios, Hollywood.

Didja' Ever (Wayne - Edwards) - Didja' ever / Didja' ever get / Didja' ever get one / Didja' ever get one of them / Didja' ever get one of them days, boy / Didja' ever get one of them days / When nothin' is right from mornin' till night / Didja' ever get one of them days / Didja' ever get one of them days / Ya get up in the morning and turn the shower on / You're gettin' pneumonia, the hot water is gone / Freezin' sneezin' / You wanna dry your back, a well / Didja' ever get one of them days / When there's no towel on the rack / Didja' ever / Didja' ever get / Didja' ever get one / Didja' ever get one of them / Didja' ever get one of them girls, boys / Didja' ever get one of them girls / Who's awful nice / But cold as ice / Didja' ever get one of them girls, yeah / Didja' ever get one of them girls / Yeah! Girls, girls, girls, girls, girls, girls, girls, girls / You're at a drive-in movie / With a cute brunette / A countin' on the kisses that you figure to get / Closer, closer, then she hollers ho! / Didja' ever get one of them girls / Who just wants to watch the show / Show, show, show, show, show, show, show, show / Didja' ever / Didja' ever get / Didja' ever get one / Didja' ever get one of them / Didja' ever get one of them days, boy / Didja' ever get one of them days / When nothin' is right / From mornin' to night / Didja' ever get one of them days, boy / Didja' ever get one of them days / You're on a Sunday picnic / And then it starts to pour / You run through poison ivy, scratch until you're sore / Ants come dancin', carry off the bread / Didja' ever get one of them days / When you should a-stayed in bed / Didja' ever / Didja' ever get / Didja' ever get one / Didja' ever get one of them / (Elvis Presley Music, R&H Music, BMI) 2:33 - Data de gravação: 27 de abril de 1960 - Local: RCA Studios, Hollywood.

Blue Suede Shoes (Carl Perkins) - Well, it's one for the money, / Two for the show, / Three to get ready, / Now go, cat, go. / But don't you step on my blue suede shoes. / You can do anything but lay off of my Blue suede shoes. / Well, you can knock me down, / Step in my face, / Slander my name / All over the place. / Do anything that you want to do, but uh-uh, / Honey, lay off of my shoes / Don't you step on my Blue suede shoes. / You can do anything but lay off of my blue suede shoes. / You can burn my house, / Steal my car, / Drink my liquor / From an old fruitjar. / Do anything that you want to do, but uh-uh, / Honey, lay off of my shoes / Don't you step on my blue suede shoes. / You can do anything but lay off of my blue suede shoes. / (Unichappel Music, BMI) 1:55 - Data de gravação: 28 de abril de 1960 - Local: RCA Studios, Hollywood.

Doin' The Best I Can (Doc Pomus - Mort Shuman) - I gave my heart / I gave my love / Oh ho, my darling / I am true / Doin' the best / The best I can / But it's not good enough for you / I tried so hard / So hard to please / Oh ho, my darling / What more can I do / Doin' the best / The best I can / But it's not good enough for you / You know I was the kind who'd run / Any time you'd call / I guess I was the only one / Who didn't mind at all / I'll be a dreamer / I'll be a fool / Oh ho, my darling / My whole life through / Doin' the best / The best I can / But it's not good enough for you / You know I was the kind who'd run / Any time you'd call / I guess I was the only one / Who didn't mind at all / I'll be a dreamer / I'll be a fool / Oh ho, my darling / My whole life through / Doin' the best / The best I can / But it's not good enough for you / But it's not good enough for you / (Doc Pomus & Mort Schuman Music, BMI) 3:04 - Data de gravação: 27 de abril de 1960 - Local: RCA Studios, Hollywood.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário