sábado, 13 de agosto de 2005

Elvis Presley - Letras - Kissin' Cousins

Kissin' Cousins (No. 2) (Baum - Giant - Kaye) - Cousins, kissin' cousins / Kissin's allowed 'cos we're proud to be cousins / What's a little teasin', huggin' and a-squeezin' / Between us cousins / Oh it's so great to be one big family / And we show it, yes we show it / You see, we never feud, we're a happy brood / Folks all know it, yes they know it / Cousins, kissin' cousins / Honey we dress and we mess / We're just cousins, / Cousins, kissin' cousins / Cousins, kissin' cousins. 

Smokey Mountain Boy (Rosenblatt - Millrose) - I'm just a Smokey mountain boy / Come back to the hills I love / Where the tops of pine all bend in the wind / And the deep blue sky above / The closer and closer I get to home / The more excited I am / Those were the mornings I'd roll out of bed / Start the day off with a hot corn bread / Smothered in huckleberry jam / I'm just a Smokey mountain boy / Come back to the hills I love / Where the tops of pine all bend in the wind / And the deep blue sky above / I can almost hear the hounds running through the woods / Close on the trail of the hare / How I long to be with them following the hounds a-huntin' again / Gettin' me a big old grizzly bear / I'm just a Smokey mountain boy / Come back to the hills I love / Where the tops of pine all bend in the wind / And the deep blue sky above / I traveled around and met lots of girls / No matter how many I see / I left some pretty ones behind / I know back home is where I'll find / The girl whose love is meant for me / I'm just a Smokey mountain boy / Come back to the hills I love / Where the tops of pine all bend in the wind / And the deep blue sky above. 

There's Gold In The Mountains (Baum - Giant - Kaye) - There are lots of girls in the mountains / And they're worth their weight in gold / When they're in my arms with their lovin' charms / A treasure chest I hold / Well there's gold in the mountains, love in the hills / I don't need no city women with their diamonds and frills / There's gold in the mountains and oh what scenery / The prettiest girls I ever did see / There's such beauty there in the mountains / You can feel your knees growin' weak / Every single boy feels the height of joy / When he climbs that mountain peak / Well there's gold in the mountains, love in the hills / I don't need no city women with their diamonds and frills / There's gold in the mountains and oh what scenery / The prettiest girls I ever did see / I said there's gold in the mountains, love in the hills / I don't need no city women with their diamonds and frills / There's gold in the mountains and oh what scenery / The prettiest girls I ever did see / I ever did see / I ever did see. 

One Boy, Two Little Girls (Baum - Giant - Kaye) - One boy, two little girls / Three hearts yearning for love / Although it's hard to explain / I know it may sound insane / But this one boy loves two little girls / Folks say three is a crowd / To each boy, one girl's allowed / But right now I'm having such fun / I just can't give up either one / 'Cos this one boy loves two little girls / There will come a time, I'll have to settle down / But until that time I love two girls hanging around / Now one day I must decide which one I'll choose for my bride / But till we three must part / I've twice as much love in my heart / Cos this one boy loves two little girls. 

Catchin' On Fast (Baum - Giant - Kaye) - Won't you show me how to kiss / Put your lips on mine / Do you do it just like this / Tell me I'm doing fine / We got a good thing going now take your time / Come on and make it last / Love may be new to you but Oooh, I'm catchin' on fast / Give, give, gimme all you've got to give / Love, love, love every moment you live / Now you've taught me all you know / Have I passed the test / Show me all you've got to show / Baby you're the best / But tell me I've learned quickly and I know each trick / I'm sure love's gonna last / Love maybe new to you but Oooh I'm catchin' on fast. 

Tender Feeling (Baum - Giant - Kaye) - I can't conceal the tender feeling / Now that you are close to me / I look at you with tender feeling / And can't help kiss you tenderly / I offer you a true devotion / All life through my love I vow / For this is real, this sweet emotion / This tender feeling I have now / Somehow I knew from the moment our lips first met / You'd be the girl I could never forget / No other love could be appealing / I loved you right from the start / And with each kiss I'll keep revealing / The tender feeling in my heart.

Anyone (Could Fall In Love With You) (Benjamin - De Jesus - Sol Marcus) - Anyone could fall in love with you / Anyone who knows you as I do / Anyone could fall in love with you / And I love you my darling / Anyone could lose his heart like me / Anyone who has eyes that can see / Anyone could fall in love like me / And I love you my darling / You're the star I reached for / You're a dream so rare / You're my greatest treasure / Nothing can compare / Anyone could want you for his own / Anyone not only mine alone / Anyone could fall in love with you / And I love you my darling / Anyone could fall in love with you / And I love you my darling.

Barefoot Ballad (Dolores Fuller - Larry Morris) - I want a barefoot ballad yes a barefoot ballad / Won't you play for me a down home country song / 'Cause when I kick my shoes off and I kick my blues off / With a barefoot ballad you just can't go wrong / Give me a honk-tonk fiddle with a guitar in the middle and a melody / Humming like a fountain swinging out on Smokey mountain / I want a barefoot ballad yes a barefoot ballad / Won't you play for me a down home country song / 'Cause when I kick my shoes off and I kick my blues off / With a barefoot ballad you just can't go wrong / Now the big toe's connected to the two toe / And the two toe's connected to the three toe / And the three toe's connected to the four toe / And the four toe's connected to the five toe / And the five toe and away we go / I want a barefoot ballad yes a barefoot ballad / Won't you play for me a down home country song / 'Cause when I kick my shoes off and I kick my blues off / With a barefoot ballad you just can't go wrong / Now the big toe's connected to the two toe / And the two toe's connected to the three toe / And the three toe's connected to the four toe / And the four toe's connected to the five toe / And the five toe and away we go / I wanna barefoot ballad yes a barefoot ballad / Won't you play for me a barefoot ballad song. 

Once Is Enough (Sid Tepper - Roy C. Bennett) - All you got is one life / Living once can be rough / But if you live every day all the way / Once is enough / You can own just one suit / Worn and torn at the cuff / But if you're livin' the life that you love / Once is enough / What's the good of reaching ninety / If you waste eighty-nine / You got one life so live it / If you don't it's a crime / Life's a playful puppy / You can grab by the scruff / And if you live every sec' what the heck / Once is enough / Never wait until tomorrow / What if it never comes / Life is a seven layer / Don't you settle for crumbs / Life's a playful puppy / You can grab by the scruff / And if you live every sec' what the heck / Once is enough / And if you live every sec' what the heck / Once is enough / And if you live every sec' what the heck / Once is enough. 

Kissin' Cousins (Fred Wise - Randy Starr) - Well I've got a gal, she's as cute as she can be / She's a distant cousin but she's not too distant with me / We'll kiss all night / I'll squeeze her tight / But we're kissin' cousins 'n that's what makes it all right / All right, all right, all right / Oh I've got a girl and she taught me how to live / She can give a lot and she's got a lot to give / We'll kiss all night / I'll squeeze her tight / But we're kissin' cousins 'n that's what makes it all right / All right, all right, all right / Yes we're all cousins, that's what I believe / Because we're children of Adam and Eve / I got a girl and she wants a lot of love / That's the kind of trouble I need plenty of / We'll kiss all night / I'll squeeze her tight / But we're kissin' cousins 'n that'll make it all right / All right, all right, all right / We'll be kissin' cousins that'll make it all right / All right, all right, all right / Yes we're all cousins, that's what I believe / Because we're children of Adam and Eve / I got a girl and she wants a lot of love / That's the kind of trouble I need plenty of / We'll kiss all night / I'll squeeze her tight / But we'll be kissin' cousins 'n that'll make it all right / All right, all right, all right / We'll be kissin' cousins that'll make it all right / All right, all right, all right / We'll be kissin' cousins that's what makes it all right / All right, all right, all right.

Echoes Of Love (Bob Roberts - Paddy McMains) - Though you are gone, I still wear your ring / They're playing the song we used to sing / Echoes of love, echoes of love / Are coming to me out of the past / The letters you wrote I treasure them so / And I hear your voice wherever I go / Echoes of love, echoes of love / Are coming to me out of the past / In the rustle of a breeze; in the patter of the rain / In the rushing of the seas, all I hear is your name / Come back my love and once you are near / Darling I know no more will I hear / Echoes of love, echoes of love / 'cause you'll be with me right in my heart / Echoes of love, echoes of love / Cause you'll be with me right in my heart.

(It's A) Long Lonely Highway (Doc Pomus - Mort Shuman) - It's a long lonely highway when you're travellin' all alone / And it's a mean old world when you got no-one to call your own / And you pass through towns too small to even have a name, oh yes / But you gotta keep on goin', on that road to nowhere / Gotta keep on goin', though there's no-one to care / Just keep movin' down the line / It's a long lonely highway without her by my side / And it's a trail full of teardrops that keep on being cried / My heart's so heavy it's a low down dirty shame oh yes / You gotta keep on goin', on that road to nowhere / Gotta keep on goin', though there's no-one to care / Just keep movin' down the line / I gotta rock for my pillow 'neath a weeping willow / And the cool grass for my bed / My drinking water's muddy so don't you tell me buddy / That I wouldn't be better off dead / It's a long lonely highway gettin' longer all the time / And if she don't come and get me / Well, I'm gonna lose my mind / So if you read about me tell her she's the one to blame, oh yes / You gotta keep on goin', on that road to nowhere / Gotta keep on goin', though there's no-one to care / Just keep movin' down the line / Movin' down the line / Movin' down the line.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário