sexta-feira, 5 de agosto de 2005

Elvis Presley - Letras - Elvis Golden Records

Hound Dog
(Jerry Leiber - Mike Stoller) - You ain't nothin' but a hound dog / cryin' all the time. / You ain't nothin' but a hound dog / cryin' all the time. / Well, you ain't never caught a rabbit / and you ain't no friend of mine. / When they said you was high classed, / well, that was just a lie. / When they said you was high classed, / well, that was just a lie. / You ain't never caught a rabbit / and you ain't no friend of mine / You ain't nothin' but a hound dog / cryin' all the time. / You ain't nothin' but a hound dog / cryin' all the time. / Well, you ain't never caught a rabbit / and you ain't no friend of mine. / When they said you was high classed, / well, that was just a lie. / When they said you was high classed, / well, that was just a lie. / You ain't never caught a rabbit / and you ain't no friend of mine / When they said you was high classed, / well, that was just a lie. / When they said you was high classed, / well, that was just a lie. / You ain't never caught a rabbit / and you ain't no friend of mine / You ain't nothin' but a hound dog / cryin' all the time. / You ain't nothin' but a hound dog / cryin' all the time. / Well, you ain't never caught a rabbit / and you ain't no friend of mine. / (MCA Music, inc, Gladys Music Co, ASCAP) 2:16 - Data de gravação: 02 de julho de 1956 - Local: RCA Studios, New York.

Loving You (Jerry Leiber - Mike Stoller) - I will spend my whole life through / loving you, just loving you. / Winter, summer, spring-time, too, / loving you, loving you. / Makes no difference where I go or what I do. / You know that I'll always be loving you. / If I'm seen with someone new, / don't be blue, don't be blue. / I'll be faithful I'll be true; / always true, true to you. / There is only one for me, and you know who. / You know that I'll always be loving you. / (ASCAP) 2:12 - Data de gravação: 24 de fevereiro de 1957 - Local: Radio Recorders - Hollywood.

All Shook Up (Otis Blackwell - Elvis Presley) - A well I bless my soul / What's wrong with me? / I'm itching like a man on a fuzzy tree / My friends say I'm actin' wild as a bug / I'm in love / I'm all shook up / Mm mm oh, oh, yeah, yeah! / My hands are shaky and my knees are weak / I can't seem to stand on my own two feet / Who do you thank when you have such luck? / I'm in love / I'm all shook up / Mm mm oh, oh, yeah, yeah! / Please don't ask me what's on my mind / I'm a little mixed up, but I'm feelin' fine / When I'm near that girl that I love best / My heart beats so it scares me to death! / She touched my hand what a chill I got / Her lips are like a vulcano that's hot / I'm proud to say she's my buttercup / I'm in love / I'm all shook up / Mm mm oh, oh, yeah, yeah! / My tongue get tied when I try to speak / My insides shake like a leaf on a tree / There's only one cure for this body of mine / That's to have the girl that I love so fine! / She touched my hand what a chill I got / Her lips are like a vulcano that's hot / I'm proud to say she's my buttercup / I'm in love / I'm all shook up / Mm mm oh, oh, yeah, yeah! / Mm mm oh, oh, yeah, yeah! / I'm All Shook up! / (Elvis Presley Music, BMI) 1:56 - Data de gravação: 12 de janeiro de 1957 - Local: Radio Recorders - Hollywood.

Heartbreak Hotel (Mae B. Axton - Tommy Durden - Elvis Presley) - Well, since my baby left me, / I found a new place to dwell. / It's down at the end of lonely street / at Heartbreak Hotel / You make me so lonely baby / I get so lonely, / I get so lonely I could die / And although it's always crowded, / you still can find some room. / Where broken hearted lovers / do cry away their gloom / You make me so lonely baby, / I get so lonely, / I get so lonely I could die / Well, the Bell hop's tears keep flowin', / and the desk clerk's dressed in black. / Well they been so long on lonely street / They ain't ever gonna look back / You make me so lonely baby, / I get so lonely, / I get so lonely I could die / Hey now, if your baby leaves you, / and you got a tale to tell. / Just take a walk down lonely street / to Heartbreak Hotel / You make me so lonely baby, / I get so lonely, / I get so lonely I could die / And although it's always crowded, / you still can find some room. / Where broken hearted lovers / do cry away their gloom / You make me so lonely baby, / I get so lonely, / I get so lonely I could die / (Tree Publishing Co, BMI) 2:08 - Data de gravação: 10 de janeiro de 1956 - Local: RCA Studios, Nashville.

Jailhouse Rock (Jerry Leiber - Mike Stoller) - The warden threw a party in the county jail. / The prison band was there and they began to wail. / The band was jumpin' and the joint began to swing. / You should've heard those knocked out jailbirds sing. / Let's rock, everybody, let's rock. / Everybody in the whole cell block. / was dancin' to the Jailhouse Rock. / Spider Murphy played the tenor saxophone, / Little Joe was blowin' on the slide trombone. / The drummer boy from Illinois went crash, boom, bang, / the whole rhythm section was the Purple Gang. / Let's rock, everybody, let's rock. / Everybody in the whole cell block / was dancin' to the Jailhouse Rock. / Number forty-seven said to number three: / "You're the cutest jailbird I ever did see. / I sure would be delighted with your company, / come on and do the Jailhouse Rock with me. / Let's rock, everybody, let's rock. / Everybody in the whole cell block / was dancin' to the Jailhouse Rock. / The sad sack was a sittin' on a block of stone / way over in the corner weepin' all alone. / The warden said, "Hey, buddy, don't you be no square. / If you can't find a partner use a wooden chair. / Let's rock, everybody, let's rock. / Everybody in the whole cell block / was dancin' to the Jailhouse Rock / Shifty Henry said to Bugs, "For Heaven's sake, / no one's lookin', now's our chance to make a break." / Bugsy turned to Shifty and he said, "Nix nix, / I wanna stick around a while and get my kicks." / Let's rock, everybody, let's rock. / Everybody in the whole cell block / was dancin' to the Jailhouse Rock / dancin' to the Jailhouse Rock / dancin' to the Jailhouse Rock / dancin' to the Jailhouse Rock / dancin' to the Jailhouse Rock / (Jerry Leiber Music Co / Mike Stoller Music Co, ASCAP) 2:26 - Data de gravação: 30 de abril de 1957 - Local: Radio Recorders, Hollywood.

Love Me (Jerry Leiber - Mike Stoller) - Treat me like a fool, / Treat me mean and cruel, / But love me / Wring my faithful heart, / Tear it all apart, / But love me / If you ever go, / Darling, I'll be oh so lonely / I'll be sad and blue, / Crying over you, dear only / I would beg and steal / Just to feel your heart / Beatin' close to mine / Well, if you ever go, / Darling, I'll be oh so lonely / I'll be sad and blue, / Crying over you, dear only / I would beg and steal / Just to feel your heart / Beatin' close to mine / Well, if you ever go, / Darling, I'll be oh so lonely / Beggin' on knees, / All I ask is please, please love me / Oh yeah / (ASCAP) 2:43 - Data de gravação: 1º de setembro de 1956 - Local: Radio Recorders - Hollywood.

Too Much (Lee Rosenberg - Bernard Weinman) - Well Honey, I love you too much / Need your lovin' too much / Want the thrill of your touch / Gee, I can't hold you too much / You do all the livin' / While I do all the givin' / Cause I love you too much / You spend all my money too much / Have to share you honey, too much / When I want some lovin', you're gone / Don't you know you're treatin' me wrong / Now you got me started / Don't you leave me broken hearted / Cause I love you too much / Need your lovin' all the time / Need you huggin', please be mine / Need you near me, stay real close / Please, please, hear me, you're the most / Now you got me started / Don't you leave me broken hearted / Cause I love you too much / Ev'ry time I kiss your sweet lips / I can feel my heart go flip flip / I'm such a fool for your charms / Like to hear you sighin' / Even though I know you're lyin' / Cause I love you too much / I Need your lovin' all the time / Need you huggin', please be mine / Need you near me, stay real close / Please, please, hear me, you're the most / Now you got me started / Don't you leave me broken hearted / Cause I love you too much / (Elvis Presley Music, Southern Belle Music, BMI) 2:31 - Data de gravação: 02 de setembro de 1956 - Local: Radio Recorders, Hollywood.

Don't Be Cruel (Otis Blackwell - Elvis Presley) - You know I can be found, / sitting home all alone, / If you can't come around, / at least please telephone. / Don't be cruel to a heart that's true / Baby, if I made you mad / for something I might have said, / Please, let's forget the past, / the future looks bright ahead, / Don't be cruel to a heart that's true. / I don't want no other love, / Baby it's just you I'm thinking of / Don't stop thinking of me, / don't make me feel this way, / Come on over here and love me, / you know what I want you to say. / Don't be cruel to a heart that's true. / Why should we be apart? / I really love you baby, cross my heart / Let's walk up to the preacher / and let us say I do, / Then you'll know you'll have me, / and I'll know that I'll have you, / Don't be cruel to a heart that's true. / I don't want no other love, / Baby it's just you I'm thinking of / Don't be cruel to a heart that's true. / Don't be cruel to a heart that's true. / I don't want no other love, / Baby it's just you I'm thinking of / (Elvis Presley Music, Unichapell Music, BMI) 2:02 - Data de gravação: 02 de julho de 1956 - Local: RCA Studios, Nova Iorque.

That's When Your Heartaches Begin (W. Raskin - G. Brown- F. Fisher) - If you find your sweetheart / in the arms of a friend / That's when your heartaches begin / When dreams of a lifetime / must come to an end / That's when your heartaches begin / Love is a thing / you never can share / If you bring a friend / into your love affair / That's the end of your sweetheart, / that's the end of your friend / That's when your heartaches begin / If you find your sweetheart / in the arms of a friend, brother / That's when your heartaches begin / When dreams of a lifetime / must come to an end / That's when your heartaches begin / Love is a thing / you never can share / If you bring a friend / into your love affair / That's the end of your sweetheart, / that's the end of your friend / That's when your heartaches begin / (Fischer Music Co, ASCAP) 3:20 - Data de gravação: 13 de janeiro de 1957 - Local: Radio Recorders, Hollywood.

Teddy Bear (Mann-Low) - Baby let me be, / your lovin' Teddy Bear / Put a chain around my neck, / and lead me anywhere / Oh let me be / Your teddy bear. / I don't wanna be a tiger / Cause tigers play too rough / I don't wanna be a lion / 'Cause lions ain't the kind / you love enough. / Just wanna be, your Teddy Bear / Put a chain around my neck / and lead me anywhere / Oh let me be / Your teddy bear. / Baby let me be, around you every night / Run your fingers through my hair, / And cuddle me real tight / Oh let me be / Your teddy bear. / I don't wanna be a tiger / Cause tigers play too rough / I don't wanna be a lion / 'Cause lions ain't the kind / you love enough. / Just wanna be, your Teddy Bear / Put a chain around my neck / and lead me anywhere / Oh let me be / Your teddy bear. / Oh let me be / Your teddy bear. / (ASCAP) 1:45 - Data de gravação: 24 de janeiro de 1957 - Local: Radio Recorders - Hollywood.

Love Me Tender (Vera Matson - Elvis Presley) - Love me tender, / love me sweet, / never let me go. / You have made my life complete, / and I love you so / Love me tender, / love me true, / all my dreams fulfilled. / For my darlin' I love you, / and I always will. / Love me tender, / love me long, / take me to your heart. / For it's there that I belong, / and we'll never part. / Love me tender, / love me true, / all my dreams fulfilled. / For my darlin' I love you, / and I always will. / Love me tender, / love me dear, / tell me you are mine. / I'll be yours through all the years, / till the end of time. / Love me tender, / love me true, / all my dreams fulfilled. / For my darlin' I love you, / and I always will. / (Elvis Presley Music, BMI) 2:41 - Data de gravação: 24 de agosto de 1956 - Local: 20th Century Fox Stage 1, Hollywood.

Treat Me Nice (Jerry Leiber - Mike Stoller) - When I walk through that door / Baby be polite / You're gonna make me sore / If you don't greet me right / Don't you ever kiss me once, kiss me twice / Treat me nice / I know that you've been told / It's not fair to tease / So if you come on cold / I'm really gonna freeze / If you don't want me to be cold as ice / Treat me nice / Make me feel at home / If you really care / Scratch my back and run your pretty / Fingers through my hair / You know I'll be your slave / If you ask me to / But if you don't behave / I'll walk right out on you / If you want my love then take my advice / Treat me nice / Make me feel at home / If you really care / Scratch my back and run your pretty / Fingers through my hair / You know I'll be your slave / If you ask me to / But if you don't behave / I'll walk right out on you / If you want my love then take my advice / Treat me nice / Treat me nice / If you really want my love then treat me nice / (Jerry Leiber Music Co / Mike Stoller Music Co, ASCAP) 2:10 - Data de gravação: 30 de abril de 1957 - Local: Radio Recorders, Hollywood.

Anyway You Want Me (A. Schroeder / C. Owens) - I'll be a strong as a mountain, / Or weak as a willow tree, / Anyway you want me, / That's how I will be. / I'll be a tame as a baby, / Or wild as the raging sea, / Anyway you want me, / That's how I will be. / In your hand my heart is clay, / To take a mold as you may. / I'm what you make me, you've only to take me, / And in your arms I will stay / I'll be a fool or a wise man, / My darling you hold the key, / Yes, anyway you want me, / That's how I will be, / I will be / (Chappel & Co, Inc, Rachel's Own Music, ASCAP) 2:13 - Data de gravação: 02 de julho de 1956 - Local: RCA Studios, Nova Iorque.

I Want You, I Need You, I Love You (Ira Kosloff - Maurice Mysels) - Hold me close, hold me tight / Make me thrill with delight / Let me know where I stand from the start / I want you, I need you, I love you / With all my heart / Ev'ry time that you're near / All my cares disappear / Darling, you're all that I'm living for / I want you, I need you, I love you / More and more / I thought I could live without romance / Before you came to me / But now I know that / I will go on loving you eternally / Won't you please be my own? / Never leave me alone / 'Cause I die ev'ry time we're apart / I want you, I need you, I love you / With all my heart / I thought I could live without romance / Before you came to me / But now I know that / I will go on loving you eternally / Won't you please be my own? / Never leave me alone / 'Cause I die ev'ry time we're apart / I want you, I need you, I love you / With all my heart / (Gladys Music Co, ASCAP) 2:40 - Data de gravação: 11 de abril de 1956 - Local: RCA Studios, Nashville.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário