domingo, 7 de agosto de 2005

Elvis Presley - Letras - For LP Fans Only

That's All Right (Mama) (Arthur Crudup) - Well, that's all right, mama / That's all right for you / That's all right mama, just anyway you do / Well, that's all right, that's all right. / That's all right now mama, anyway you do / Mama she done told me, / Papa done told me too / 'Son, that gal your foolin' with, / She ain't no good for you' / But, that's all right, that's all right. / That's all right now mama, anyway you do / I'm leaving town, baby / I'm leaving town for sure / Well, then you won't be bothered with / Me hanging 'round your door / Well, that's all right, that's all right. / That's all right now mama, anyway you do / (Unichappel Music / Grudup Music, BMI) 1:55 - Data de gravação: 5 de julho de 1954 - Local: Sun Records.

Lawdy Miss Clawdy (Lloyd Price) - Well lawdy, lawdy, lawdy miss clawdy / Girl you sure look good to me / But please don't excite me baby / I know it can't be me / Well as a girl you want my money / Yeah but you just won't treat me right / You like to ball every morning / Don't come home till late at night / Oh gonna tell, tell my mama / Lord, I swear girl what you been to me / I'm gonna tell everybody that I'm down in misery / So bye, bye, bye, baby / Girl, I won't be comin' no more / Goodbye little darlin' down the road I'll go / So, bye, bye, bye baby / Girl, I won't be comin' no more / Goodbye little darlin' down the road I'll go / (ATV Music Co, BMI) 2:08 - Data de gravação: 03 de fevereiro de 1956 - Local: RCA Studios, NY.

Mystery Train (H. Parker - S. Philips) - Train I ride, sixteen coaches long / Train I ride, sixteen coaches long / Well that long black train got my baby and gone / Train train, comin' 'round, 'round the bend / Train train, comin' 'round the bend / Well it took my baby, but it never will again (no, not again) / Train train, comin' down, down the line / Train train, comin' down the line / Well it's bringin' my baby, 'cause she's mine all, all mine / (She's mine, all, all mine) / (Unichappel Music / Hi Lo Music, BMI) : - Data de gravação: 11 de julho de 1955 - Local: Sun Records, Memphis.

Playing For Keeps (Kesler) - I'm playin' for keeps / This time it's real / And I want you to know / Exactly how I feel / I'm playin' for keeps / I'm sure this time / And I won't be happy / Until I know you're mine / There have been others / That could love me true / But no one else can thrill me like you do / I'm playin' for keeps / Oh love me too / Oh, don't make me sorry / That I fell in love with you / There have been others / That could love me true / But no one else can thrill me like you do / I'm playin' for keeps / Oh love me too / Oh, don't make me sorry / That I fell in love with you / (Hi Lo Music, BMI) 2:50 - Data de gravação: 1 de setembro de 1956 - Local: Radio Recorders, Hollywood.

Poor Boy (Vera Matson - Elvis Presley) - They call me poor boy, poor boy, poor boy / But I ain't lonesome and I ain't blue / 'Cause I could never be a poor boy / As long as I’ve got a dolly like you / Ain't got a crust, ain't got a cent / Can't buy a jug, can't pay the rent / I got a heartfull of dreams / And a lot of memories / And that's enough for me / They call me poor boy, poor boy, poor boy / But I ain't lonesome and I ain't blue / 'Cause I could never be a poor boy / As long as I’ve got a dolly like you / Can't buy a house, can't buy a lot / Ain't got a bean, I ain't got a pot / But what I got is a heartfull of / Love and memories / And that's enough for me / They call me poor boy, poor boy, poor boy / But I ain't lonesome and I ain't blue / 'Cause I could never be a poor boy / As long as I’ve got a dolly like you / Don't have a pig, don't have a cow / I don't have a horse to pull a plow / But what I got is a heartfull of / Love and memories / And that's enough for me / They call me poor boy, poor boy, poor boy / But I ain't lonesome and I ain't blue / 'Cause I could never be a poor boy / As long as I’ve got a dolly like / I’ve got a dolly like / I’ve got a dolly like you. (Elvis Presley Music, BMI) 2:13 - Data de gravação: 24 de agosto de 1956 - Local: 20th Century Fox Stage 1, Hollywood.

My Baby Left Me (Arthur Crudup) - Yes my baby left me, / never said a word. / Was it something I done, / something that she heard? / My baby left me, / my baby left me. / My baby even left me, / never said a word / Now I stand at my window, / wring my hands and cry. / I hate to lose that woman, / hate to say goodbye / You know she left me, / yes, she left me. / My baby even left me, / never said a word / Baby, one of these mornings, / Lord, it won't be long, / You'll look for me and, / Baby, and daddy he'll be gone / You know you left me, / you know you left me. / My baby even left me, / never said a word / Now, I stand at my window, / wring my hands and moan. / All I know is that / the one I love is gone / My baby left me, / you know she left me. / My baby even left me, / never said a word / (Unichappel Music / Grudup Music, BMI) 2:11 - Data de gravação: 30 de janeiro de 1956 - Local: RCA Studios, NY.

Shake, Rattle and Roll (Calhoun) - Well get out of that bed, wash your face and hands / Get out of that bed, wash your face and hands / Well get in that kitchen / Make some noise with the pots and pans / I believe it to my soul you're the devil in nylon hose / I believe it to my soul you're the devil in nylon hose / For the harder I work the faster my money goes / Well I said shake, rattle and roll I said shake rattle and roll / I said shake, rattle and roll / I said shake rattle and roll / Well you won't do right / To save your doggone soul / Shake rattle and roll / I'm like the one-eyed cat peeping in a seafood store / I'm like the one-eyed cat peeping in a seafood store / Well I can look at you tell you ain't no child no more / I believe you're doing me wrong and now I know / I believe you're doing me wrong and now I know / 'Cause the harder I work the faster my money goes / Well I said shake, rattle and roll / I said shake rattle and roll / I said shake, rattle and roll / I said shake rattle and roll / Well you won't do right / To save your doggone soul / Play it again / I went over the hill, way down underneath / I went over the hill, way down underneath / You make me roll my eyes / And then you make me grit my teeth / Well I said shake, rattle and roll / I said shake rattle and roll / I said shake, rattle and roll / I said shake rattle and roll / Well you won't do right / To save your doggone soul / (Unichappel Music, BMI) 2:37 - Data de gravação: 03 de fevereiro de 1956 - Local: RCA Studios, NY.

I Was The One (Schroeder - Demetruis - Blair - Peppers) - I was the one who taught her to kiss / The way that she kisses you now / And you know the way she touches your cheek / Well, I taught her how / I was the one who taught her to cry / When she wants you under her spell. / The sight of her tears drives you out of your mind, / I taught her so well. / And then one day / I had my love as perfect as could be. / She lived, she loved, she laughed, she cried, / And it was all for me. / I'll never know who taught her to lie / Now that it's over and done / Who learned the lesson when she broke my heart? / I was the one. / And then one day / I had my love as perfect as could be / She lived, she loved, she laughed, she cried, / And it was all for me. / I'll never know who taught her to lie. / Now that it's over and done, / Who learned the lesson when she broke my heart? / I was the one. / (Cheppel e Co, Inc / Rachel's Own, ASCAP) 2:33 - Data de gravação: 11 de janeiro de 1956 - Local: RCA Studios, Nashville.

You're a Heartbreaker (J. Sallee) - You're a heartbreaker, / You're a love faker / A heartbreaker playing with fire / You're a tear snatcher / You're a quarrel patcher / But you can't break my heart anymore / For I just found someone else who's sure to take your place / Someone I can always trust and to fill this empty space / You're a heartbreaker / You're a love faker / But you can't break my heart anymore / You're a smooth talker / You're a real cool walker / But now you have talked out of turn / You're a high stepper / You're a eye-catcher / But you won't catch my glances anymore / For I just found someone else who's sure to take your place / Someone I can always trust and to fill this empty space / You're a heartbreaker / You're a love faker / But you can't break my heart anymore / You're a heart breaker / You're a love faker / A heartbreaker playing with fire / You're a tear snatcher / You're a quarrel patcher / But you can't break my heart anymore / For I've just found someone else who's sure to take your place / Someone I can always trust and to fill this empty space / You're a heartbreaker / You're a love faker / But you can't break my heart anymore / (Hi'Lo Music, BMI) 2:12 - Data de gravação: Dezembro de 1954 - Local: Sun Records, Memphis.

I'm Left, You're Right, She's Gone (S. Kesler - W. Taylor) - Well, you're right, I'm left, she's gone. / You're right, and I'm left all alone / Well, you tried to tell me so / But how was I to know / That she was not the one for me? / You told me all along / You're right, our love was so wrong / But now I changed my mind, / Because she broke the ties that bind, / And I know that she never cared for me. / Well, I thought I knew just what she'd do / I guess I'm not so smart / Oh, you tried to tell me along she'd only break my heart / I'm left, you're right, she's gone / You're right, and I'm left all alone / Well, she's gone I know not where / But now I just don't care / For now I'm falling for you / If you'll forgive me now / I'll make it up somehow / So happy we will be / In a home just for three / And I'll soon forget her / Now I know / Well, I thought I knew just what she'd do / I guess I'm not so smart / You tried to tell me all along / She'd only break my heart / Well, you're right, I'm left, she's gone / You're right, and I'm left all alone / Well, she's gone, I know not where / But now I just don't care / For now I've fallen for you / (HI LO Music, BMI) 2:36 - Data de gravação: 5 de março de 1955 - Local: Sun Records, Memphis.

Pablo Aluísio.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário