quarta-feira, 10 de agosto de 2005

Elvis Presley - Letras - On Stage, February 1970

See See Rider (Elvis Presley) - I said see, see, see rider / Oh, see what you have done / I said see, see, see rider / Oh, see what you have done / Oh girl, you made me love you / Now, now, now your lovin' man has gone / hear what I say / Well, I'm going away, baby / And I won't be back to fall / Well, I'm going away baby / And I won't be back to fall / And if I find me a good girl / I won't, I won't be back at all / Hear what I say, / I said see, see see rider, / Oh see what you have done / Yeah, yeah, yeah / I Said See, see see rider, / Oh see what you have done / Yeah, yeah, yeah / Oh girl, you made me love you / Now, now, now your lovin' man has gone / I said see, see, see rider / Oh, see what you have done / I said see, see, see rider / Oh, see what you have done / Oh girl, you made me love you / Now, now, now your lovin' man has gone / hear what I say / I said see, see, see rider / I said see, see, see rider / I said see, see, see rider / I said see, see, see rider / I said see, see, see rider / I said see... / (BMI) 2:28 - Data de gravação: 18 de fevereiro de 1970 - Local: International Hotel Showroom, Las Vegas.

Release Me (Stevenson - Miller) - Oh Yeah, You Like, Please play hard now / Oh please release me, let me go / For I just don't love you anymore / To waste our lives would be a sin / Oh, oh, oh, Release me and let me love again / I have found a new love dear / And I will always want her near / Her lips are warm while yours are cold / Oh, oh, oh, Release me, my darling let me go / Oh Please release me, let me go / For I just don't love you anymore / To waste our lives would be a sin / Oh, oh, oh, Release me and let me love again / Oh Please release me, let me go / For I just don't love you anymore / To waste our lives would be a sin / Oh, oh, oh, Release me and let me love again / Let me go, oh release me, my darling / Let me go / (BMI) 3:48 - Data de gravação: 18 de fevereiro de 1970 - Local: International Hotel Showroom, Las Vegas.

Sweet Caroline (Neil Diamond) - Where it began, I can't begin to know when / But then I know it's growing strong / Oh, wasn't the spring, whooo / And spring became the summer / Who'd believe you'd come along / Hands, touching hands, reaching out / Touching me, touching you / Oh, sweet Caroline / Good times never seem so good / I made him climb to believe it never would / And now I, I look at the night, whooo / And it don't seem so lonely / We fill it up with only two, oh / And when I hurt / Hurting runs off my shoulder / How can I hurt when holding you / Oh, one, touching one, reaching out / Touching me, touching you / Oh, sweet Caroline / Good times never seem so good / Oh I made him climb to believe it never would / Ohhh, sweet Caroline, good times never seem so good / (ASCAP) 2:55 - Data de gravação: 16 de fevereiro de 1970 - Local: International Hotel Showroom, Las Vegas.

Runaway (Del Shannon) - As I walk along I wonder / What went wrong with our love / Love that was so strong / And as I still walk by / I think off the times we had together / While our hearts were young / I'm a-walking in the rain / Hear it falling, / And I feel the pain / Wishing you were here by me / To end this misery / And I wonder / Why / You went away / Yes, I wonder, where you will stay / My little runaway, / Run, run, run, run, runaway / I'm a-walking in the rain / Hear it falling, / And I feel the pain / Wishing you were here by me / To end this misery / And I wonder / Why / You went away / Yes, I wonder, where you will stay / My little runaway, / Run, run, run, run, runaway / (BMI) 3:05 - Data de gravação: agosto de 1969 - Local: International Hotel Showroom, Las Vegas.

The Wonder of You (Baker Knight) - When no-one else can understand me / When everything I do is wrong / You give me hope and consolation / You give me strength to carry on / And you're always there to lend a hand / In everything I do / That's the wonder / The wonder of you / And when you smile the world is brighter / You touch my hand and I'm a king / Your kiss to me is worth a fortune / Your love for me is everything / I'll guess I'll never know the reason why / You love me like you do / That's the wonder / The wonder of you / I'll guess I'll never know the reason why / You love me like you do / That's the wonder / The wonder of you / (BMI) 3:11 - Data de gravação: 18 de fevereiro de 1970 - Local: International Hotel Showroom, Las Vegas.

Polk Salad Annie (Tony Joe White) - Some of you all never been down South too much... / I' gonna tell you a little story, so you'll understand where I'm talking about / Down there we have a plant that grows out in the woods and the fields, / and it looks something like a turnip green. / Everybody calls it Polk salad. Now that's Polk salad. / Used to know a girl that lived down there and she'd go out in the evenings to pick a mess of it... / Carry it home and cook it for supper, 'cause that's about all they had to eat, But they did all right. / Down in Louisiana / Where the alligators grow so mean / Lived a girl that I swear to the world / Made the alligators look tame / Polk salad Annie / 'Gators got your granny / Everybody said it was a shame / For the mama was working on the chain-gang / What a mean, vicious woman / Everyday before suppertime / She'd go down by the truck patch / And pick her a mess of Polk salad / And carry it home in a tote sack / Polk salad Annie / 'Gators got you granny / Everybody said it was a shame / 'Cause the mama was working on the chain-gang / Whoo, how wretched, dispiteful, straight-razor totin' woman, / Lord have mercy. / Sock a little Polk salad to him / Yeah, you know what, yeah, yeah / But daddy was a lazy and a no-count / Claimed he had a bad back / All her brothers were fit for / Was stealing watermelons out of my truck / For once Polk salad Annie / 'Gators got your granny / Everybody said it was a shame / For the mama was working on the chain-gang / Sock a little Polk salad to him / You know what meets a meal mention / You sock a little / Hey, hey, hey, yeah, yeah / Chic a bon, chic a bon, chic a bon bon bon bon / Chic a bon, chic a bon, chic a bon bon bon bon / Sock a little Polk salad to him / You know what meets a meal mention / Sock a little Polk salad to him / You know what meets a meal mention / Chinc, chinc, chinc, chin, ling, ling ling / Chinc, chinc, chinc, chin, ling, ling ling / Chinc, chinc, chinc, chin, ling, ling ling / (BMI) 4:40 - Data de gravação: 19 de fevereiro de 1970 - Local: International Hotel Showroom, Las Vegas.

Yesterday (John Lennon - Paul McCartney) - Yesterday, / All my troubles seemed so far away / Now it looks as though they're here to stay / Oh I believe in yesterday / Suddenly / I don't have the laugh / I used to weep / There's a shadow hanging over me / Oh, yesterday, came suddenly / Why'd she have to go / I don't know, she wouldn't say / I said something wrong / Now I long for yesterday / Yesterday / Love was such an easy game to play / Now I need a place to hide away / Oh, I believe in yesterday / Why'd she have to go / I don't know, she wouldn't say / I said something wrong / Now I long for yesterday / Yesterday / Love was such an easy game to play / Now I need a place to hide away / Oh, I believe in yesterday / (BMI) 3:15 - Data de gravação: agosto de 1969 - Local: International Hotel Showroom, Las Vegas.

Proud Mary (John Fogerty) - Left a good job in the city / Workin' for the man every night and day / Haven't ever lost one minute of sleeping / Worried about the way things might have been / A big wheel keeps on turnin' / Proud Mary keeps on burnin', rollin', rollin' / Rollin' on a river / Rollin, rollin, rollin on a river / If you come down to the river / I betcha you're gonna find some people who live / You don't have to worry / 'Cause you have no money / People along the river are happy to give / I said a big wheel keeps on turnin' / Proud Mary keeps on burnin', rollin', rollin' / Rollin' on a river / Rollin', rollin', rollin' on a river / If you come down to the river / I betcha you're gonna find some people who live / You don't have to worry / 'Cause you have no money / People along the river are happy to give / I said a big wheel keeps on turnin' / Proud Mary keeps on burnin', rollin', rollin' / Rollin' on a river / Rollin', rollin', rollin' on a river / (BMI) 3:10 - Data de gravação: 16 de fevereiro de 1970 - Local: International Hotel Showroom, Las Vegas.

Walk a Mile in My Shoes (Joe South) - If I could be you, if you could be me / For just one hour, if we could find a way / To get inside each other's mind / If you could see you through my eyes / Instead your own ego I believe you'd be / I believe you'd be surprised to see / That you've been blind / Walk a mile in my shoes / walk a mile in my shoes / Before you abuse, criticize and accuse / Then walk a mile in my shoes / Now if we spend the day / Throwin' stones at one another / 'Cause I will think, 'cause I will think / To wear my hat the same way you do / Well, I may be common people / But I'm your brother / And when you strike out / You're tryin' to hurt me / It's hurtin' you, Lord how mercy / Walk a mile in my shoes / walk a mile in my shoes / Before you abuse, criticize and accuse / Then walk a mile in my shoes / Now there are people on reservations / And out in the ghetto / And whether they're for the grace of God / Or you and I, / If I only had wings of a little angel / Don't you know, I'd fly / To the top of a mountain / And then I'd cry, cry, cry / Walk a mile in my shoes / walk a mile in my shoes / Before you abuse, criticize and accuse / Then walk a mile in my shoes / Walk a mile in my shoes / walk a mile in my shoes / Before you abuse, criticize and accuse / Then walk a mile in my shoes / (BMI) 3:16 - Data de gravação: 19 de fevereiro de 1970 - Local: International Hotel Showroom, Las Vegas.

Let It Be Me (Curtis - Delanoe - Becaud) - God bless the day I found you / I want to stay around you / And so I beg you / Let it be me / Don't take this heaven from one / If you must cling to someone / Now and forever / Let it be me / Each time we meet love, / I find complete love / Without your sweet love / Tell me, what would life be? / So never leave me lonely / Tell me you love me only / And that you'll always / Let it be me / Each time we meet love, / I find complete love / Without your sweet love / Tell me, what would life be? / So never leave me lonely / Tell me you love me only / And that you'll always / Let it be me / And that you'll always / Let it be me / (ASCAP) 4:29 - Data de gravação: 17 de fevereiro de 1970 - Local: International Hotel Showroom, Las Vegas.

Compilação: Pablo Aluísio.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário