terça-feira, 16 de agosto de 2005

Elvis Presley - Letras - Pot Luck With Elvis

Kiss Me Quick
(Doc Pomus / Mort Shuman) - Kiss me quick while we still have this feeling, / Hold me close and never let me go, / ‘Cause tomorrows can be so uncertain, / Love can fly and leave just hurting, / Kiss me quick because I love you so. / Kiss me quick and make my heart go crazy, / Sigh that sigh and whisper oh so low, / Tell me that tonight will last forever, / Say that you will leave me never, / Kiss me quick because I love you so. / Let the band keep playing while we are swaying, / Let’s keep on praying that we’ll never stop. / Kiss me quick, I just can’t stand this waiting / ‘Cause your lips are lips I long to know. / For that kiss will open heaven’s door / And we’ll stay there forevermore, / So kiss me quick because I love you so. / Let the band keep playing while we are swaying, / Let’s keep on praying that we’ll never stop. / Kiss me quick, I just can’t stand this waiting / ‘Cause your lips are lips I long to know. / For that kiss will open heaven’s door / And we’ll stay there forevermore, / So kiss me quick because I love you so. / Kiss me quick because I love you so. / Kiss me quick because I love you so.

Just For Old Time Sake (Sid Tepper / Roy C. Bennett) - Just for old time sake / Won’t you give my heart a break, / Let’s get together again, / Let’s relive the time I was yours and you were mine, / Life was so wonderful then. / I know, now I know the day I let you go / I made my greatest mistake, / If you loved me then / You could love me once again, / Won’t you try just for old time sake. / I know, yes I know the day I let you go / I made my greatest mistake, / If you loved me then / You could love me once again, / Won’t you try just for old time sake.

Gonna Get Back Home Somehow (Doc Pomus / Mort Shuman) - Hear that old train whistle howling in the night, / If that flyer’s southbound everything will be all right, / I’m leaving now, leaving now, leaving now, / I’m gonna get back home somehow. / Don’t nobody tell me baby’s been untrue, / If she’s been unfaithful, / I don’t know what I’ll do, / I’m leaving now, leaving now, leaving now, / I’m gonna get back home somehow. / Never thought that I could miss her so, / I never thought I could, but now I know. / The sound of the old train whistle makes me want to cry, / Reminds me of that lonely feeling when I said goodbye, / I’m leaving now, leaving now, leaving now, / I’m gonna get back home somehow. / Never thought that I could miss her so, / Never thought I could, but now I know. / The sound of the old train whistle makes me want to cry, / Reminds me of that lonely feeling when I said goodbye. / I’m leaving now, leaving now, leaving now / I’m gonna get back home somehow.

(Such An) Easy Question (Blackwell - Scott) - Do you or don't you love me / Such an easy question / Why can't I get an answer / Tell me, will you or won't you need me / Such an easy question / Why can't I get an answer / All you do is give a sigh / And beat around the bush / Can it be that you're too shy / To give yourself a little old push / Can you or can't you tell me yes / It's such an easy question / Why can't I get an answer.

Steppin' Out Of Line (Fred Wise / Ben Weisman / Dolores Fuller) - Listen, little lady, you’re steppin’ out of line, / What’s your hurry baby, you got a lot of time, / Well that’s not love you feel, it’s only make believe, / Watch out, you’ll break the heart you’re wearing on you sleeve. / Cheating with your kisses, / You think you know it all, / Old worry gonna get you, you’re riding for a fall / Better slow it down, I see a danger sign, / ‘Cause the way you’re steppin’ around / You’re steppin’ out of line, / You’re steppin’ out of line. / You’re cheating with your kisses, / You think you know it all, / Old worry gonna get you, you’re riding for a fall / Better slow it down, I see a danger sign, / ‘Cause the way you’re steppin’ around / You’re steppin’ out of line, / You’re steppin’ out of line. / You’re steppin’ out of line, / Well, you’re steppin’ out of line.

I'm Yours (Don Robertson / Hal Blair) - My love I offer you now, / My heart and all it can give, / For just as long as I live I’m yours. / No arms but yours dear will do. / My lips will always be true, / My eyes can see only you, I’m yours. / And as the years roll along / Your joy and tears I’ll gladly share, / And when things go wrong dear / Just hold out your hand and I’ll be there, / With every beat of my heart, / With every breath that I take, / Now and forever, sweetheart, I’m yours. / And as the years roll along / Your joy and tears I’ll gladly share, / And when things go wrong dear / Just hold out your hand and I’ll be there, / With every beat of my heart, / With every breath that I take, / Now and forever, sweetheart, I’m yours.

Something Blue (Paul Evans / Al Byron) - Something old, the times gone by, / Something new, these tears I cry, / Something borrowed were those lips my lips knew / And that’s why I’m something blue. / Something old, the vows we made, / Something new, the price I paid, / Something borrowed, love was tried but not true. / Now my life is something blue. / I guess that I had better smile / Walking behind you down the aisle, / I feel I’m walking to my doom, / I’m really not the best man in this room. / Something old, the dreams we planned, / Something new, his wedding band, / Something borrowed was the heart I gave you, / You returned it torn in two. / Something old, the dreams we planned, / Something new, his wedding band, / Something borrowed was the heart I gave you, / You returned it torn in two. / And that’s why, / And that’s why I’m something blue.

Suspicion (Doc Pomus / Mort Shuman) - Every time you kiss me I’m still not certain that you love me, / Every time you hold me I’m still not certain that you care / Though you keep on saying you really, really, really love me / Do you speak the same words to someone else when I’m not there. / Suspicion torments my heart, / Suspicion keeps us apart, / Suspicion why torture me. / Every time you call me and tell me we should meet tomorrow / I can’t help but think that you’re meeting someone else tonight, / Why should our romance just keep on causing me such sorrow? / Why am I so doubtful whenever you’re out of sight? / Suspicion torments my heart, / Suspicion keeps us apart, / Suspicion why torture me. / Darling, if you love me, I beg you wait a little longer, / Wait until I drive all these foolish fears out of my mind, / How I hope and pray that our love will keep on growing stronger, / Maybe I’m suspicious ‘cause true love is so hard to find. / Suspicion torments my heart, / Suspicion keeps us apart, / Suspicion why torture me.

I Feel That I've Known You Forever (Doc Pomus / Alan Jeffreys) Your lips, your eyes, your soft sweet sighs, / I feel that I’ve known you forever, / Your style, your touch, you’re just too much, / I feel that I’ve known you forever. / I know that this never happened to me, / Don’t have to see anymore than I see, / Your face so rare, beyond compare, / I feel that I’ve known you forever / And ever and ever.

Night Rider (Doc Pomus / Mort Shuman) - Night rider, night rider, / You may think that it’s the breeze / Whispering through the lonely trees, / But it’s only him a’flying round the bend / As the day comes to that end. / Night rider, night rider, / He came riding into town / As the sun was going down, / Saw my baby and he smiled her heart away, / Now what will I do today. / Cautioned my baby to stay at home, / Not to leave mama’s side, / She laughed when I told her take care, take care, / Or you’ll share in his midnight ride. / Night rider, night rider, / Since he stole around the side / I ain’t had a peaceful night, / Night rider, won’t you let my baby be, / Come on, send her back to me. / Cautioned my baby to stay at home, / Not to leave mama’s side, / She laughed when I told her take care, take care, / Or you’ll share in his midnight ride. / Night rider, night rider, / Since he stole around the side / I ain’t had a peaceful night, / Night rider, won’t you let my baby be, / Come on, send her back to me.

Fountain Of Love (Bill Giant / Jeff Lewis) - One thought of you, my heart begins churning, / I feel RETURNED to a fountain of love, / My lips and eyes, they ache to be near you, / To hold you here in my fountain of love. / Never be blue should your world start sinking, / Just come and drink from my fountain of love, / We’ll build a new world off on a high mountain, / We’ll live on our fountain of love. / One thought of you, my heart begins churning, / I feel RETURNED to a fountain of love, / My lips and eyes, they ache to be near you, / To hold you here in my fountain of love. / Never be blue should your world start sinking, / Just come and drink from my fountain of love, / We’ll build a new world off on a high mountain, / We’ll live on our fountain of love. / We’ll live on our fountain of love. / We’ll live on our fountain of love. / We’ll live on our fountain of love.

That's Someone You Never Forget (Red West / Elvis Presley) - The way she held your hand, / The little things you planned, / Her memory is with you yet, / That’s someone you never forget. / When she is far away / You’ll think of her each day, / And you know she’ll wait for you, / That’s someone you’ll never forget. / Others may pass your way / And let you think their love is true, / But you know that they’ll never replace / The one that waits for you. / The way she held your hand, / The little things you planned, / Her memory is with you yet, / That’s someone you’ll never forget. / That’s someone you’ll never forget.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário