sexta-feira, 5 de agosto de 2005

Elvis Presley - Letras - King Creole

King Creole (Jerry Leiber - Mike Stoller) - There's a man in New Orleans / Who plays rock and roll / He's a guitar man / With a great big soul / He lays down a beat / Like a ton of coal / He goes by the name of King Creole / You know he's gone, gone, gone / Jumpin' like a catfish on a pole / You know he's gone, gone, gone / Hip shaking King Creole / When the king starts to do it / It's as good as done / He holds his guitar / like a tommy gun / He starts to growl / From way down his throat / He bends a string / And "that's all she wrote" / Well, he sings a song about a crowded hole / He sings a song about a jelly roll / He sings a song about meat and greens / He wails some blues about New Orleans / Well, he plays something evil / Then he plays something sweet / No matter what he plays / You got to get up on your feet / When he gets the rockin' fever / baby, heaven sakes / He don't stop playin / 'Till his guitar breaks / (Jerry Leiber Music Co / Mike Stoller Music, ASCAP) 2:08 - Data de gravação: 15 de janeiro de 1958 - Local: Radio Recorders Hollywood.

As Long as I Have You (Wise / Weisman) - Let the stars fade and fall / And I won't care at all / As long as I have you / Every kiss brings a thrill / And I know that it will / As long as I have you / Let's think of the future / Forget the past / You're not my first love / But you're my last / Take the love that I bring / Then I'll have everything / As long as I have you / Let's think of the future / Forget the past / You're not my first love / But you're my last / Take the love that I bring / Then I'll have everything / As long as I have you / As long, as long as I have you / (Gladys Music / Erika Publishing, ASCAP) 1:50 - Data de gravação: 16 de janeiro de 1958 - Local: Radio Recorders, Hollywood.

Hard Headed Woman (Claude Demetruis) - Well a hard headed woman, / a soft hearted man / been the cause of trouble / ever since the world began / Oh yeah, ever since the world began / a hard headed woman been / a thorn in the side of man / Now Adam told to Eve, / "Listen here to me / don't you let me catch you / messin' round that apple tree." / Oh yeah, ever since the world began / a hard headed woman been / a thorn in the side of man / Now Samson told Delilah / loud and clear / "Keep your cotton pickin' fingers / out my curly hair." / Oh yeah, ever since the world began / a hard headed woman been / a thorn in the side of man / I heard about a king / who was doin' swell / till he started playing / with that evil Jezebel / Oh yeah, ever since the world began / a hard headed woman been a thorn in the side of man / I got a woman, / a head like a rock / If she ever went away / I'd cry around the clock / Oh yeah, ever since the world began / a hard headed woman been / a thorn in the side of man / (Gladys Music, ASCAP) 1:53 - Data de gravação: 15 de janeiro de 1958 - Local: Radio Recorders, Hollywood.

Trouble (Leiber - Stoller) - If you're looking for trouble / You came to the right place / If you're looking for trouble / Just look right in my face / I was born standing up / And talking back / My daddy was a green-eyed mountain jack / Because I'm evil, my middle name is misery / Well I'm evil, so don't you mess around with me / I've never looked for trouble / But I've never ran / I don't take no orders / From no kind of man / I'm only made out / Of flesh, blood and bone / But if you're gonna start a rumble / Don't you try it on alone / Because I'm evil, my middle name is misery / Well I'm evil, so don't you mess around with me / I'm evil, evil, evil, as can be / I'm evil, evil, evil, as can be / So don't mess around don't mess around don't mess around with me / I'm evil, I'm evil, evil, evil / So don't mess around, don't mess around with me / I'm evil, I tell you I'm evil / So don't mess around with me / Yeah / (Jerry Leiber Music Co / Mike Stoller Music, ASCAP) 2:16 - Data de gravação: 15 de janeiro de 1958 - Local: Radio Recorders Hollywood.

Dixieland Rock (Schroeder - Frank) - Well down in New Orleans at the Golden Goose / I grabbed a green-eyed dolly that was on the loose / Well I dig that music, well she said me too / I said pretty baby come on and let's do / The Dixieland rock / Well the Dixieland rock / Let your hair down Sugar, shake it free / And do the Dixieland rock with me / With the blue light shining on her swinging hips / She got the drummer so nervous that he lost his sticks / The cornet player hit a note that's flat / The tromboner hit him while the poor cat sat / The Dixieland rock / Well the Dixieland rock / Let your hair down Sugar, shake it free / And do the Dixieland rock with me / I was all pooped out and when the clock struck four / But she said no daddy can't leave the floor / She wore a clinging dress that fit so tight / She couldn't sit down so we danced all night / The Dixieland rock / Well the Dixieland rock / Let your hair down Sugar, shake it free / And do the Dixieland rock with me / Let your hair dance Sugar, shake it / And do the Dixieland rock with me / (Gladys Music / Rachel's Own, ASCAP) 1:46 - Data de gravação: 16 de janeiro de 1958 - Local: Radio Recorders Hollywood.

Don't Ask Me Why (Wise - Weisman) - I'll go on loving you / Don't ask me why / Don't know what else to do / Don't ask me why / How sad my heart would be / If you should go / Though you're not good for me / I want you so / It's not the kind / Of love I dream about / But it's the kind / That I can't live without / You're all I'm longing for / Don't say good-bye / I need you more and more / Don't ask me why / I need you more and more / Don't ask me why / (Gladys Music / Erika Publishing, ASCAP) 2:06 - Data de gravação: 16 de janeiro de 1958 - Local: Radio Recorders Hollywood.

Lover Doll (Wayne - Silver) - Lover doll, oh lover doll / Lover doll, lover doll / You're the cutest lover doll / That I ever did ever see / Let me tell you lover doll / You were meant, just meant for me / On the first time that I saw you / How I fell for your cuddly charms / Lover doll I'm crazy for you / Let me rock you in my arms / I'm so glad I found you / Never thought dollies came full grown / I'm gonna tie a ribbon around you / Wrap you up and take you home / I would never treat you badly / Like a cast away broken toy / Lover doll I love you madly / Let me be your lover boy / I'm so glad I found you / Never thought dollies came full grown / I'm gonna tie a ribbon around you / Wrap you up and take you home / I would never treat you badly / Like a cast away broken toy / Lover doll I love you madly / Let me be your lover boy / Lover doll, lover doll / Lover doll, lover doll / Lover doll, lover doll / Let me be your lover boy / Lover doll, lover doll / Lover doll, lover doll / Lover doll, lover doll / Let me be your lover boy / Let me be your lover boy / Let me be your lover boy / (Gladys Music / Holly Hill, ASCAP) 2:09 - Data de gravação: 16 de janeiro de 1958 - Local: Radio Recorders Hollywood.

Crawfish (Weis - Weisman) - Crawfish / Well I went to the bayou just last night / There was no moon but the stars were bright / Put a big long hook on a big long pole / And I pulled Mr. Crawfish out of his hole / Crawfish / See I got him, see the size / Stripped and cleaned before your eyes / Sweet meat look, fresh and ready to cook / Crawfish / Now take Mr. Crawfish in your hand / He's gonna look good in your frying pan / If you fry him crisp or you boil him right / He'll be sweeter than sugar when you take a bite / Crawfish / (Gladys Music / Erika Publishing, ASCAP) 1:38 - Data de gravação: 15 de janeiro de 1958 - Local: Radio Recorders Hollywood.

Young Dreams (Kalmanoff - Schroeder) - (Young dreams of love, young dreams of love) / Young dreams (Young dreams, young dreams) / My heart is filled with young dreams (dreams) / And I'm longing to / Share them all with you / In my eyes, (my eyes, my eyes) / Oh can't you see in my eyes (in eyes) / That you're the only one who / Can make my young dreams come true / I have young arms / That wanna hold you (hold you) / Hold you oh so tight / I have young lips (lips) / That want to kiss you (kiss you) / Kiss you morning noon and night / Take my hand (my hand my hand) / Oh darling take my hand (take hand) / And let me make you a part / Of all my young dreams of love / I have young arms / That wanna hold you (hold you) / Hold you oh so tight / I have young lips (lips) / That want to kiss you (kiss you) / Kiss you morning noon and night / Take my hand (my hand my hand) / Oh darling take my hand (take hand) / And let me make you a part / Of all my young dreams of love / A part of all of my young dreams of love / (Young dreams of love, young dreams of love) / (Rachel's Own / Dandy Grifters, ASCAP) 2:23 - Data de gravação: 15 de janeiro de 1958 - Local: Radio Recorders Hollywood.

Steadfast, Loyal and True (Leiber - Stoller) - Farewell, Royal High School, / We'll remember you / Dear alma mater / We're steadfast, loyal, and true / As we go onward / In the lives we lead / Your light will guide us / Your motto is our creed / We will look back fondly / At your ivy walls / Recalling precious moments / Within your hallowed halls / Farewell, Royal High School / We'll remember you / Dear alma mater / We're steadfast, loyal, and true / (Jerry Leiber Music Co / Mike Stoller Music, ASCAP) 1:15 - Data de gravação: 15 de janeiro de 1958 - Local: Radio Recorders Hollywood.

New Orleans (Tepper - Bennett) - You'll never know / What heaven means / Until you've been down to New Orleans / You ain't been livin' till you cuddle and coo / With some black-eyed baby by de old bayou / You've never seen / You've never seen those Cupid doll queens / Like they got 'em in New Orleans / And, ooh, they love you like no-one can / It makes you awful glad that you were born a man / If-if-if you ain't been there / Then you ain't been nowhere / The livin's lazy and the lovin's fine / If you feel low down / So help me Hannah / You should lose the blues in Loui-si-i-si-ana / Get the lead / Get the lead out of your jeans / And hot foot it down, hot foot down to where? / New Orleans / Louisiana baby tells you stay awhile / Live it up, love it up, southern style / Way down in New New Orleans / (Gladys Music, ASCAP) 2:09 - Data de gravação: 16 de janeiro de 1958 - Local: Radio Recorders Hollywood. 

Pablo Aluísio. 

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário